SAVE THE DATE for 2017 PRINT & RESIST — MARCH 25th!
Madison Print & Resist 2017 is a day-long festival of political print media, zines, experimental publications, and workshops related to the world of art, do-it-yourself culture, and political action. We’re looking for subversively creative print/media artists including zine makers, printers, poster-makers, and other self-published artists and writers to share their work with the Madison area community.
The event will be held on Saturday, March 25th from 11am to 4:30 pm on the light-filled third floor of the Madison Public Library in downtown Madison, WI.
This year we will have the following table options:
- Full tables will be available for collectives/distributors representing more than 10 people or publications.
- Half a table will be available to individuals displaying more than 6 (different) zines/posters.
- For people with smaller numbers of zines and/or posters, please apply for space at the community tables. The space at the community tables will be allocated by the number of publications that you have to display.
- Two tables for collectives representing more than 20 people.
Tables are 5′-6′ long by 3′ deep. Also, please note that nearly all tables will have wall space directly behind them for displaying posters (only with blue or green painters tape). A limited number or spaces will be available if you require pins/nails to secure your work. Please remember to check the appropriate boxes on the application to indicate your needs.
Please let us know if you are able/planning to bring your own table or other display furniture.
There is neither a table fee nor an application fee. However, we will ask for 5% commission on any sales you may conduct at the event, with all proceeds going toward future event costs.
While the organizers will make every effort to satisfy each participant’s particular needs, they reserve rights to make all final decisions about table and display arrangements, in consultation with Library staff.
- All applicants agree to be included in promotions and publicity for the event. We will be highlighting select exhibitors via the facebook page and website ahead of the event.
- Please complete the following application form in full (scan down):
- Email 1-3 images of your zines/prints/projects to email@example.com. Include your name and the title of the project in the subject line, so that we can connect them to your application.
- Deadline for application is February 15th.
- We will notify applicants of status by March 1st.